One of the most recent surprise gifts that I received was on a trip to visit a friend in Atlanta. On a walk around town, we had both noticed a pair of hot burnt orange corduroy skinny pants on a window mannequin and my friend suggested that I try them on. I did and LOVED them but I am not an impulse shopper so I put them back on the table.
We continued on our way and after a block my friend realized that she had left her purse at the shop counter. I browsed around a gourmet chocolate shop as she went to retrieve her purse. When she returned, she handed me a bag with a grin on her face. I looked at her suspiciously as I took the bag and inside was the pair of burnt orange corduroy skinny pants. I almost fell over in surprise! My friend laughed and said “I love giving gifts!”
Every time I wear them, I will think of my friend. Little gifts or big gifts, gift-giving IS fun! Our gift to you today are some great ideas for your favorite cyclist. Enjoy!
For BIG budgets – $1200 and up
- A customized LifeCycle Adventures cycling tour in California, Oregon, or Hawaii (starting at $1180 pp).
- A Cyfac custom bike.
- 6 months of Aelous Endurance Sportcoaching or a reserved space at an AES Cycling Camp ($1950+)
- A Quarq power meter (for serious bike nerds – $1995+)
- Aero wheels (see Corsa Concepts; also for bike nerds – $1550+)
For smaller budgets $150 and up
- A LifeCycle Adventures gift certificate towards a multi-day tour (any amount)
- A gift certificate to a local bike shop (any amount)
- A bike fit at your local shop (average $175)
Stocking Stuffers $30 and up
- A LifeCycle Adventures jersey ($65)
- Entry to a local Gran Fondo or century ride ($35-$100)
- An Aelous Endurance Sport coaching consultation ($80)
- A cool cycling movie like Hell on Wheels, Chasing Legends, A Sunday in Hell, or Stars and Water Carriers (average $35 – $60)
- The Mako Ti Bike Tool ($40)
- United Pedal Saddlebag ($100)
- Other crafty, hand-made bike stuff