Posted By: Pierre Campana-Jourda | Nov. 22 2012
It is that time of the year when the holidays, food and oh yes, gift -shopping take over our every thought. It’s also a good time to reflect on what we have accomplished during the year (that flew by) and send out a few words of thanks and highlight the opportunities we had for giving as well.
We thank our awesome team of Guides that make every cycle tour a unique experience for all the Guests. We thank our service network for the offerings we can extend to our Guests from lodging, dining, wineries, kayaking, hot-air ballooning, surfing, and other fun activities particular to each of the regions where we operate. We are quite fortunate to offer cycling tours in some rather spectacular places: Napa/Sonoma in California; Willamette Valley and Columbia River Gorge in Oregon; and now featuring our Old Hawaii Big Island tours as of this month. It goes without saying that we’re extremely thankful to Mother Nature for the bounty of scenery we’re able to share and explore year in and year out in our cycle touring.
Of course, we are especially thankful for each and every Guest that has joined us on a self-guided or private cycling tour this year and in the past. We look forward to many happy returns and more new visits.
“In our society, we don’t always get what we pay for, however with Life-Cycle Adventures we felt that we got more than our money’s worth. Life-cycle Adventures helped make our 15th anniversary a memorable trip. This is a well-organized and well-run organization. We have already recommended to several of our friends!!”
Mike and Edie – Georgia
“LifeCycle Adventures offers a truly one-of-a-kind way to experience the region you visit, whether it’s California, Oregon or Hawaii. If you like traveling on your own time without the rigidity or forced intimacy of a group tour, then this is the way to go. It made for an unforgettable10th anniversary trip for my husband and me.”
Diana and Dave – Alabama
“Fantastic customer service!” S and C Baker – Colorado
“The LifeCycle Adventures staff is always available and quick to answer questions. They were fast to respond when we had our third flat and were stranded on the middle of a long hill. They help make your diner, spa and winery reservations, and they even collect your wine purchases and deliver to your hotel.”
Marc C. Parent – Quebec
“LifeCycle Adventures ensured that my husband and I had a fantastic self-guided cycle trip in Napa. Our routes were meticulously mapped, but we were in complete control of every minute. Thank you Life Cycle for helping make every day of our trip, a new adventure.”
K. Schilling – Florida
We are firm believers that giving is receiving so just as we are thrilled for the fruits of our efforts, we also like to give back to the communities in which we operate and live. Each year we participate in various events that allow us to support important causes and allow us to contribute in a positive way to our communities and beyond. Cheers to all of these great organizations and all the others that we had an opportunity to support as individuals.
Some events that we supported in 2012:
– The Bicycle Transportation Alliance is a non-profit membership organization working to promote bicycling and improve bicycling conditions in Oregon.
– Community Vision is the largest nonprofit organization providing individualized housing, supported living, employment and home ownership services to people with disabilities and their families in Oregon.
– benefitting Portland Wheelmen and other local charities. Oregon.
Marin Century – benefitting local bike advocacy, senior services, youth and community organizations and health advocacy organizations in Marin and the surrounding Bay Area. California.
– benefitting Rotary Club of Cloverdale. Proceeds from this event fund local scholarships for students, and support other local and international projects. California.
– through their Vineman Charities Grants they have contributed to cancer research, to fight breast cancer and for cancer support services, including the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We were honored to volunteer our SAG vehicle and Guides to their 70.3 and Full Vineman events.
– Pedaling for affordable housing. One of our Guides took on this challenge as a team leader for 2012 and we supported her with some gear for her teenage crew. Let’s say their bottoms were very happy.
Cheers and keep on pedaling!